Still Not stable

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:59 AM
The add on is still not stable to build code on Node using VS . Earlier it used to crash on unhandled exceptions and breakpoints (Did not find that in the latest dev release), but it crashes when i try to open the package.json...odd .
I find Web matrix to be a much better alternative than VS right now for writing Nod js apps , although i would love to return back to VS
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM
The .json editor, with syntax coloring and IntelliSense, is part of VS 2013. When using VS 2013 Update 2, I used to get an exception with the activity log message whenever I opened my project's package.json. I haven't seen the error since I've upgraded to Update 3.

If you see more crashes, please look in Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application to see if there is an event for it. There will usually be one in the case of a crash, and there should be an entry that has a call stack.

If you get activity log message boxes, please look at the log in the path specified in the error message box.

In both cases, sending us that information will be of great help towards improving stability.

Thanks!