Run locally crashes VS every time

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Every time I try run the sample out the box Express app, the console window launches saying the engine is listening, IE launches and starts browsing to the correct url and then VS crashes and restarts.

Any clues? Any ideas?
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Can you open the event viewer and look for an error at the time of the crash. That event will have a stack trace which we can use to help diagnose.
Jun 28, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Same problem. VS2013. WebEssentials 2013.

Stack trace from Event Viewer:
Description:
Application: devenv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
Stack:
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Jun 29, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I'm seeing the same problem too. VS2013. Surface Pro.
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM
It looks like a duplicate of #1052 - if so, installing the most recent dev build should fix this.
Jun 29, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Installing May 14, 2014, Alpha dev build (NTVS Dev 2014-05-14 VS 2013.msi) solved issue for me.