How is the npm package manager slower than the npm.js website?

Apr 22 at 4:05 PM
did you make it slow on purpose to piss people off? cmon be honest
Coordinator
Apr 22 at 5:25 PM
I assume it's bringing up the list of modules that are available that is slow? Are you finding it too slow just on 1st load or subsequent loads as well?

We might need to virtualize the list view so that we don't need to populate all of the items, where browsers are pretty optimized for loading tables and displaying them as they load.

But it's certainly not intentional!
Apr 22 at 6:22 PM
Hm seems like it reloads on each Visual Studio start, takes about 3-4 seconds the first time, then it's instant. One time it took about a minute though.
I have another problem though, that the "attach debugger (node js)" option does not show up on my published sample azure nodejs website. Is there something I can check on why that is? I did watch the youtube video and enabled websockets and I obviously installed the ntvs beta tools.
thanks for your response
Coordinator
Apr 22 at 7:23 PM
Which version of VS is this - 2012 or 2013? If the latter, did you install VS Update 2 RC? It will not show up in anything other than 2013 with that update (though you can still use Debug -> Attach to Process and manually enter the URL in all versions).

If this doesn't help, then there are a few more things you can run into that would cause such an effect that are enumerated on the documentation page - check whether any of those might be applicable to your case.